Friday, January 22, 2010

ya'll I am so excited!!

well this bit of news is most definitely a florida thing, so please stick with me as i take a short walk down memory lane. does anyone remember those plastic straw like things that you could stick into an orange (or any other citrus) and suck the juice straight out? we had them when i was a kid, and since we also had and orange, grapefruit and lemon tree in our backyard we sucked down a lot of fresh juice. it was also such a good little treat while playing in the back yard.

my mother keeps everything....i am reading books to shep that were mine when i was his age. naturally i assumed she still had these, but several years ago when I first asked her about them, she didn't know where they were. i kinda forgot about them until recently. i have been searching in stores and on the internet for them. well i finally found them on some crazy obscure florida site. i ordered four of them and can't wait for their arrival. swing on by if you would like the freshest orange juice you can find!

Citra Citrus Sippers - Orange Plastic Straws-citrus, sipper, citra, world's smallest juicer, squeater, reamer, orange straw, plastic

1 comment:

running shoes said...

I remember these!! They were terrific. Glad you were able to find them.

Man, thanks a lot, now I want an orange.
Too bad I'm in the sticks with not an orange tree for oh, 900 miles