Thursday, January 21, 2010

underwear or no underwear...that is the question

we have been potty training this week. I would like to say that is has been a success, and that I am one of those moms that has the kid that just wants to use the potty and "gets it"' on the first day, but alas, that would be a lie. the problem seems to arise whenever I put underwear on him. as long as he runs around naked he does great, goes to the bathroom all by himself, doesn't even need me in there with him. however, the second I put underwear on him he pees in them. I don't know if he forgets that it isn't a diaper. he definitely doesn't like the pee running down his leg. right now I am stuck between giving up and starting back again in a month or two, or sticking with it and see if I can get him trained.
so...if you see Shep around town and he is naked on his bottom half, you will know why.

yesterday, I ran out to the store to get sheets for Shep's new bunk bed* arriving on friday (pics to come later) and I just let him go in his underwear hoping he wouldn't pee in them. on my way there I thought that this was probably one of the dumber motherhood mistakes I had made...who in their right mind brings an un-potty trained 2 yr old to the store while wearing underwear. but we actually didn't have any accidents.

*and by the way, if you think i am a bit crazy to transition to the big boy bed and quit the diapers all in one week, i am!

No comments: