Thursday, November 19, 2009

Brennan - two months

Little B,
I can hardly believe you have been here two months already. People ask me if I can imagine my life without you and the truth is yes, it really wasn't that long ago, but why would I want to. I love you and am so glad you are here with us. We prayed that the Lord would bless us with another child and He did.
You are a pretty calm baby so far. In comparison to your brother I don't think you are easier or harder, just different. It has been fun trying to figure you out; what you like what you don't.
You have never needed to be swaddled, and always have slept on your stomach. In fact I am looking at you right now and you are sleeping with your little butt up in the air. To calm you down after a good cry or to make you sleepy to put you to bed, I just put you over my left shoulder, shush in your ear and pat your bottom. It calms you right down.
We had our two month visit to the dr. today and you weighed in at 12lbs 12 oz. I thought you would have been bigger than that since you were 9lbs 2 oz at birth, but you are growing just fine. In comparison, your brother was 12lbs 4 oz at his two month check up...so you win!
Your smile is the absolute best!! You even give strangers a smile, not just your momma...so polite! I think the other day I caught you smiling at your brother. The first of many I am sure.
I love you little B and feel grateful to be your momma.

No comments: