Sunday, October 25, 2009

Such a Deal

I have been searching for a good deal on a double stroller for awhile now. I have been stalking Craigslist and Ebay weekly looking for the perfect fit at the perfect price. I have a double stroller that I keep in my car, but I also wanted one to keep in the garage for walks to the park and around the neighborhood. (I am an American so that totally justifies the right to have two double strollers to make my life easier). Anywho...so about three weeks ago, I found a Bob Revolution on Craigslist. It wasn't the exact one I wanted, meaning it didn't have the front swivel wheel, but they are great strollers, so I went with it anyways. It was the bargain price of $200 and I got it for $175!! Robbie's parents had also given us $150 towards the purchase of a stroller...so my Bob ended up costing me $25. I was pleased....until I really started walking with it and realized that I needed (wanted) that front swivel wheel after all. So while I loved the idea of having two double strollers all with men's first names (my other double is a Phil & Ted) I decided it was time to sell. So I put it back up on Craigslist and sold it for $200, making myself a $25 profit. Now I had $200 to spend...woohoo! Weeks go by of searching again, making a few bids on Ebay and losing. Really wanting to find a Bob again, but knowing I probably wouldn't for the amount of $ I wanted to spend. Then I remembered something I had forgotten...we had bought tickets to U2 but sold them (made a $50 profit) because we were not going to be able to make it. So I was also able to use that money to put towards my new stroller!!! Now I had $320 to work with.
Well....last night I found a Baby Jogger for sale on Ebay that was perfect...I bid on it and WON!!! For the bargain price of $325! This stroller goes for $600! Gotta love a good deal.

Baby Jogger City Classic Double Stroller - Red/Silver

No comments: